The decorator’s profession is often compared to the work of a designer. But such a comparison is incorrect: the decorator creates a unique interior for a specific order, which nevertheless manifests their creative individuality, while the designer presents ideas for mass trends.
The decorator does not delve into the technical aspects of the reconstruction of the premises, does not change the geometry of the space, but creates a vision, filling it with his idea, and with unique content embodied in materials, objects, things. Without making drastic changes, the decorator can create a completely new atmosphere of the space. Skillful decoration can eliminate any flaws and problems. The decorator can effectively use the narrow space, inventively design light dynamics in the room, choose an original combination of colors and furniture in the apartment, functionally and beautifully use the features of the room, transform the interior with textiles, figurines, vases, decorative candles.
As a rule, the ideas of the decorators must be in tune and be in harmony with the inner world of the customer, but at the same time the personality of the decorator is clearly manifested in them. A fresh, unusual idea of a professional can unrecognizably change the style of the house, form a new image and affect the status of life.
The interior of decorators is primarily a cocktail of ideas that make each room unique in shape, texture, color and light. The decorator acts not only as an artist but also as a psychoanalyst. He knows the psychological and physiological effects of colors on people. For example, some shades of blue have a depressing effect on people in a residential interior, and the predominance of red raises blood pressure. In today’s world, the profession of decorator is in demand more than ever. In addition, the decorator helps the customer to allocate their budget efficiently.
The decorator’s profession is creative and fascinating. They can be called creators of mood, creating a background to a beautiful life!
The work of the decorator begins with the production of graphic or color sketches and layout, the preparation of the necessary materials for decoration, taking into account their appearance and quality.
What to expect from your decorator:
- development of artistic and design projects and technical documentation;
- creating style, color collages;
- choice of materials, furniture, textiles, lighting, accessories;
- design of exhibition stands, shops, showrooms, retail space;
- development of plans, drawings and sketches of decors;
- participation in budgeting, budget allocation;
- participation in the design and finishing works;
- author’s supervision and control over the execution time;
- direct design works in the premises;
- assistance in preparation for exhibitions, photo shoots and promotional events.
In order for a decorator to be effective and be a good professional, he/she must be and have
- developed spatial imagination
- good figurative visual memory
- creative thinking outside the box
- creativity, ingenuity
- attention to detail
- flexible thinking
- responsibility, diligence
And last but not least, the professionalism of a decorator depends not only on his/her personal qualities, but also on his/her preliminary training and diverse knowledge. Your decorator’s knowledge of
- history of art styles
- drawing skills
- traditions of interior decoration – historical, ethnic, contemporary trends
- extensive knowledge of the market of modern decorative materials
- the basics of interior decoration techniques
- principles of visual arousal
- types and purpose of fonts, industrial graphics, basics of drawing, drawing, composition
- the laws of color science, color combinations and color psychology
- features of human visual perception
would provide you with a fast, efficient and quality service.
In private practice, the decorator must possess not only the skills of an artist, but also of a chief, businessman, lawyer and psychologist in building a relationship with the customer. Knowing business etiquette will help the decorator convince the customer and find compromises.